torsdag, oktober 18, 2007

Back in Zambia

Ok Folks - I am back. Arrived at Lusaka airport 6 am this morning. Bike arrived to and so did all other gear (less important). Rick picked me up and took me to my place - bike was assembled immediately. It seems to have had a good journey, looks as good as when I packed it 24 hours ago.

Rick had ordered a bunch of tyres and you should have seen the look on his face when I handed over 4 Continental GP 4000. He studdered 'There sooo light' and 'wow, I have more tyres than anybody in Zambia - I can start a bike shop'.

On the plane down the had the good taste to show a bike movie; The flying Scotsman. Its a movie about Graeme Obree, the scot who broke the world 1 hour record and also won the world track championships two times. Its a great movie about stubbornness, cycling and the dark side of life. I especially loved the beginning of the movie when a young Graeme returns late from school after having been bullied (again) by some of his schoolmates. A stubborn Graeme won't let his dad know the names of his foes. His dad, however, has his own solution for helping his son. He goes into the next room, gets out a brand new race bike and says 'this should help you to stay away from trouble'

That's what biking does. Keeps you away from trouble.

Inga kommentarer: