måndag, april 23, 2007

Back in the saddle

I’m at rest in peace and serenity. I’m surrounded by a vibrating pulsating energy field, but inside my transparent bubble tranquillity lingers. I can reach the energy outside whenever I want to, but right now I’m at ease inside my bubble. This is what my first ride after 3 weeks without cycling has brought me to and I’m so blissful. I knew something like this was going to happen, but I was still not quite prepared for it.

I felt this sensation a while after I came home after a two hours cycling trip. It was a sunny day with a light breeze. I have had a virus infection messing with my respiratory system. Due to this I haven’t been able to exercise for three weeks, but now I’m back in the saddle again. The trick is to take it easy to start with and that won’t be any problems, right? Yeah, right!

The plan was to take a soft ride with the boys to a café in Bjärred, sip an espresso and unleash them. Then I would continue by myself in a relaxed pace, letting my body recover as supposed to. Good plan, but three of us weren’t fit for fight due to different causes and we stayed together after the coffee brake too. The result wasn’t the easy introduction trip I had in mind. Well, this just means that in order to correct my mistake I have to wait a little longer before I push my self harder again. Maybe I can allow myself just a little ride tomorrow, but alone this time. Just maybe I can do that, but first of all I have to listen to my body and that isn’t easy if it’s saying things I do not want to hear. What if the sun is shining again tomorrow and there’s almost no wind at all? Why is it so easy to advice others, but so hard to follow those wise suggestions when it comes to myself?

Anyway the interruption in my cycling didn’t make me that miserable that you could’ve assumed. Disregarding a few outbursts of frustration, I have been pretty calm about it (on the surface at least). No, I wasn’t delighted exactly, but I won’t exaggerate and it has been easier than I would’ve thought if someone had told me before I became ill. On the other hand I couldn’t imagine that it would last so long as it did. Three weeks is not an eternity, but it’s long enough when spring just has arrived.

Now there’s this time ahead of us when we can go cycling late in the evenings and it’s still light. It’s getting warmer and you meet more and more bikers on the road, looking as happy as can be. They might be exhausted or relaxed, but they are in their right element and I’m finally back there too. By the way, whom am I trying to kid? I’ll be out there later today.

Inga kommentarer: